Mike & Judy Campbell are certified by the B.C. Honey Producer’s Association to teach this Beginner Beekeepers Course. This course is broken into 8 sessions, with a total of 21 hours of instruction – 15 hours in the class room and 6 hours will be experiential hands-on near, or at the hives.
Following is a guide to what will be covered in the course.
- Introduction to Beekeeping
- Beekeeping Management and Hive Manipulation
- Diseases and Pests
- Honey, Nectar, Pollen, and Pollination
- Honey Harvesting, Marketing, Fall & Winter Management
- Hands on at the live honey bee colony
Register online with a deposit of $50. A non-refundable $50.00 deposit is required to hold your seat for this course with final payment due at Class commencement on February 24, 2020.
The full course fee of $250 will include the course materials, instruction, final examination and experience with bees. Upon successful completion of the exam, a certificate will be issued.
2020 Course Dates
at Campbell’s Gold Honey Farm & Meadery:
The on-farm course will be the certified BCHPA course, and runs from Feb 24 to May 2, 2020.
- Monday evenings 6:30 – 9:30pm – Feb 24, Mar 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30
- Saturday mornings 9 – 12pm – April 18, 25, May 2