What information do we collect and why?
We do not collect personal information about individuals except when such personal information is provided to us on a voluntary basis. The information we typically collect includes name, email address, telephone number, mailing address, age and gender. In general, we collect, use and disclose your personal information for one reason: to serve you better. Knowing you better helps us understand your needs, communicate effectively with you, and provide you with the services you want. More specifically, we may collect, use and disclose your personal information in order to fulfill the following purposes (the “Identified Purposes”):
- administer contests and surveys;
- provide you with the services you have requested (for example, online newsletters that you have subscribed to);
- respond to your inquiries;
- administer gift cards;
- monitor traffic to the website;
- research, develop, manage, protect and improve our services;
- determine the future direction of the website including any necessary technical upgrades;
- advise you about new products and services that may be of interest to you;
- track your website usage and transaction history and patterns for the purposes of market research and/or to provide you with tailored messages and advertisements;
- administer online chats and posts;
- engage in business transactions (including purchase, sale, lease, merger or other acquisition, disposition or financing);
- investigate specific transactions or patterns of transactions to detect unauthorized or illegal activities; or
- for any other purpose for which you consent.
Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time our website requests personal information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and e-mail addresses), and demographic information (such as postal code, age level, gender and addresses).
We may use this information for the Identified Purposes but do not rent or sell this information to third parties.